Ortofon 2M Blue Verso Stylus
– an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
– Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
– The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details compared to the 2M Red model.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.3 kOhm
- Internal inductance – 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Blue
- Cartridge weight – 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit – 2M Blue (interchangeable with 2M Red and 2M Silver)
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series’ engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
– 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
– 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250
– 2M Mono and 2M 78
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge. Please read about cartridge set-up and alignment on tonearm on our FAQ.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature’s Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm – without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you’re tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 – 4 mm spacers should be enough for 2M cartridge.